If you walk (or hike, run, bike, ski, snowboard, snowshoe, kayak or stand-up paddle) you can support LTWC with every mile by using the Walk for a Dog app on your phone!
For each mile you clock in with the app, Walk for a Dog will donate 11 cents to LTWC!
Here’s how it works:
1) Download the Walk for a Dog app on your iphone or Android smart phone.
2) Sign up as a walker and include your email.
3) Select a dog (you can use your own dog’s name or the name of one you know).
4) Select: California, then Select: Lake Tahoe Wildlife Care.
5) Be sure to confirm your registration on your email.
6) After your registration is confirmed, you are ready to generate income for LTWC!
7) Everytime you go outside to walk, hike, run, ski, snowboard, snowshoe, cycle, kayak or stand up paddle, open the Walk for a Dog app and press “Start Walking”
8) Your location must be turned on; the app will keep track of your mileage and history.
9) The app will turn off if you exceed 30 mph or if it senses that you have not moved for a while.
10) Get Lots of Exercise
11) Get your family and friends to join you using the app for LTWC!
12) If you have problems, please contact Coralin at coralin [at] ltwc [dot] org